You must provide accurate and complete information when registering your Member Account and using the Services, to which you are the sole and exclusive rights holder. You represent and warrant that:
- you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction;
- you are not a resident of (or will use the Services in) a country that the U.S. government has embargoed for use of the Services, nor are you named on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or any other applicable trade sanctioning regulations;
- you own all rights in and to any content provided by you ("Member Content"), including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, text, literary works and any other materials ("Content"), or otherwise have (and will continue to have) the full power, title, licenses, consents and authority, in and to the Member Content, as necessary to legally use, publish, transfer or license any and all rights and interests in and to such Member Content;
- You will fully comply with all applicable laws and agreements which govern your use of the Services.
Further, you acknowledge and agree that we shall determine the means, manner, and method for performing the Services, including those regarding the hosting, transmission, publication and/or display of any Member Websites and/or Content (including the inclusion and presentation of any advertisements or other commercial content with respect thereto). In addition, you acknowledge that neighborhoods are not subject to a generally accepted definition, but are subject to individual interpretation. Also, neighborhoods as shown on the Member Website are not necessarily "subdivisions" and neighborhoods are not available for every city in the U.S. You may find deviations between what is shown and what you might personally expect.
You undertake and agree NOT to:
- copy, modify, create derivative works of, download, adapt, reverse engineer, emulate, migrate to another service, translate, compile, decompile or disassemble any of the Sites, the Services (or any part thereof), any Content offered by us or Third Party Services for use and display within Member Websites ("Licensed Content") except as expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- publish and/or make any use of the Services or Licensed Content on any website, media, network or system other than those provided by us, and/or frame, "deep link", "page scrape", mirror and/or create a browser or border environment around any of the Services, Licensed Content and/or Member Website (or any part thereof);
- use any "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, script, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Services (or any of its data), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any of the Services to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, services or information through any means not purposely made available through the Services;
- purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use our name or our Marks and/or variations and misspellings thereof;
- impersonate any person or entity or provide false information on the Services and/or Member Website, whether directly or indirectly, or otherwise disguise your identity or the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us and/or any of our other Visitors or Members;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or falsely express or imply that we or any third party endorses you, your Member Website, your business, your Member Products, or any statement you make;
- reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace another Member of Services, or otherwise interfere with or violate any other Member's right to privacy or other rights, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about visitors or users of the Services and/or Member Website without their express and informed consent;
- disable, circumvent, bypass or otherwise avoid any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Services, Member Website, the account of another Member or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, by hacking, password mining, or other illegitimate or prohibited means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any network connected to the Services;
- upload to the Services and/or Member Website or otherwise use them to design, develop, distribute and/or otherwise transmit or execute, any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, malware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component;
- take any action that may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or our systems or networks connected to the Services, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of any of the Services, or the servers or networks that host them or make them available, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks;
- use any of the Services and/or Member Website in connection with any form of spam, unsolicited mail, fraud, scam, phishing, "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or similar conduct, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising;
- sell, license, or exploit for any commercial purposes any use of or access to the Licensed Content and/or Services, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
- remove or alter any copyright notices, watermarks, restrictions and signs indicating proprietary rights of any of our licensors, including copyright mark [©] or trademarks [® or ™] contained in or accompanying the Services and/or Licensed Content;
You acknowledge and agree that your failure to abide by any of the foregoing or any misrepresentation made by you may result in the immediate termination of your Member Account and/or any Services provided to you - with or without further notice to you, and without any refund of amounts paid on account of any such Services.
As between us and you, you shall own all intellectual property pertaining to your Member Content, including any designs, images, animations, videos, audio files, fonts, logos, illustrations, compositions, artworks, interfaces, text, literary works and any other materials created by you. You hereby grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to use your Member Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in order to provide you with the Services, and as further specified under this Agreement.
All right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any and all copyrightable materials or any other content thereof which is or may be subject to any intellectual property rights under any applicable law (including any artwork, graphics, images, website templates and widgets, literary work, source and object code, computer code (including html), applications, audio, music, video and other media, designs, animations, interfaces, the "look and feel" of the Services, methods, products, algorithms, data, interactive features and objects, advertising and acquisition tools and methods, inventions, trade secrets, logos, domains, customized URLs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other proprietary identifiers, whether or not registered and/or capable of being registered (collectively, "Intellectual Property"), and any derivations thereof, are owned by and/or licensed to us.
Subject to your full compliance with this Agreement and timely payment of all applicable Fees, we hereby grant you, upon creating your Member Account and for as long as we provide you with the Services, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, fully revocable, limited license to use the Services and Licensed Content, for the purpose of accessing and using the Services and generating and displaying your Member Website, solely as expressly permitted under the terms of this Agreement, and solely within the Services.
5.1 Account Activation Fee is due at the time of account setup and is non-refundable.
5.2 CRM AND LEADS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Chime will provide you with one instance of Chime CRM and Leads Management System.
- CRM Features. The Chime CRM and Leads Management system includes features for capturing, tracking, managing and nurturing leads, managing agent activity, contacts and workflow. Features of the CRM system may change from time to time and Chime reserves the right to charge for new features that may be included in future CRM releases.
- PROPERTY LISTING ALERT. Chime will automatically electronically syndicate all your active property listings using Agent ID and/or Office ID to a select group of free and/or paid real estate websites. You must notify Chime in writing if you do not want your property listing syndicated. You represent that you have express authorization from all agents to permit such syndication.
5.3 CHIME REAL ESTATE IDX WEBSITE.
Website Overview. Chime will provide you with the standard customer-facing Chime IDX-integrated Website. In the event that you require additional IDX Website customization, please see Section 9 "Additional Services and Fees" for the terms for this customization.
- SUBDOMAIN. Through Chime you can setup subdomains for team member(s).
- DOMAIN NAME. You can choose to use a domain name already owned by you or, alternatively, you can choose to use the domain provided by Chime. Chime reserves the right to refuse the use of any domain name or any of your Branding/Content (as defined below) that Chime determines in its discretion is inappropriate, illegal, offensive, or in violation of another party's rights. Any changes to the domain name post launch will be subject to additional charges based, as applicable, on time and materials or Chime's then current fee structure.
- BRANDING. You warrant that all Branding that you provide will comply with all MLS rules and regulations and all applicable laws.
MLS / IDX INTEGRATION. Chime will integrate your Multiple Listing Service (MLS) IDX data feed from your respective MLS Board(s) as disclosed in writing to Chime. Any changes to Client's MLS Board or brokerage changes must be approved in writing by Chime.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold Chime harmless from any failure by you to obtain or maintain the appropriate licenses for the MLS and/or IDX account to allow use by Chime on the Website or, for any unauthorized use by you or your agents of such MLS data or feed.
You will pay directly all 3rd party vendor set-up fees and monthly service fees charged by the MLS/IDX provider for Chime to access MLS data. You shall also pay directly all charges from the MLS data provider including costs associated with MLS integration, and other marketing costs associated with the service. In certain geographic areas, Chime may, at its option, configure multiple unique MLS feeds into a single platform. Multiple MLS feeds are subject to additional charges as determined by Chime. Chime will not be liable in the event that the MLS application process is unsuccessful or exceeds the initial timeline established by Chime.
- UPDATES - Chime reserves the right to update, modify and upgrade the Platform in its sole discretion during the term of this Agreement. Such modifications or updates may include new or modified functionality or removal of obsolete or other functions.
5.4 MARKETING SERVICES: Chime offers optional lead generation, marketing, listing promotion and management services that require the payment of additional fees and charges. For lead generation, Chime will create and develop your online advertising campaign, help you with your picture design and generate keyword combinations for your website. Chime can also manage your online advertising campaign by assessing your ad position, audience, scheduling and bidding. If you choose to use this service, you will provide an advertising budget ("Ad Budget"), and appoint and authorize Chime as an agent to procure advertising on your behalf. In addition to the Ad Budget, you will pay Chime a management fee to be determined by Chime based upon the Ad Budget.
5.5 SUPPORT SERVICES. Chime will provide you access to Chime's Client Success Teams including Implementation, On-boarding, Success Management Services and Chime's Support Team for technical support. Chime may change the services offered at its sole discretion from time to time and may offer certain services at additional fees as provided in the 'additional services and fees' section.
5.6 DIRECT MAIL SERVICES. Chime will provide you access to direct mail services for additional lead generation and marketing that require the payment of additional fees as provided in the "additional fees and charges" section. Such services shall be offered on a month to month basis or for such other term as Chime may determine at its sole discretion. Chime may change the direct mail services offered at its sole discretion from time to time. All postcards are finished with a Matte UV Coating and are 8.5" x 5.5". Newsletters are 11" x 17". Five (5) proofs per design are included in all direct mail packages per card design and any additional proofs will be charged a $20.00 fee thereafter. One design allowed per mailer and any additional designs will be quoted as a separate a la carte service. Chime may offer al a carte direct mail services and products that will be billed at Chime's then current rates for such products and services. You will be responsible for any increase in the cost of postage by the United States Postal Service (the "USPS") for direct mail services and the fees charged by Chime for such services shall be adjusted by the amount of any increase as of the effective date of the increase. You understand and acknowledge that there is an expected amount of "kickback" with direct mail services and that ten percent or more of the mailings may be undeliverable. Chime shall have no responsibility for returns from the USPS and you shall not be entitled to any refund or credit for returns.
Chime may refer you to its affiliate, "GeoFarm," for lead generation marketing.
The use of certain Services may be subject to payment of additional fees ("Paid Services" and "Fees"). We will provide notice of such Fees then in effect for such Paid Services. We may change such Fees at any time, upon notice to you. If you received a discount or other promotional offer, your subscription to such Service(s) shall be automatically renewed at the full applicable Fee.
- FEES. All Fees shall be paid in U.S. Dollars. You shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes relating to your use of the Services ("Taxes").
- PAYMENT. You authorize us (either directly or through our affiliates, subsidiaries or other third parties) to collect payment (or otherwise charge, refund or take any other billing actions) from our payment provider or your designated banking account, and to make any inquiries we or our subsidiaries or affiliates may consider necessary to validate your designated payment account or financial information.
- AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. The Services will automatically renew on a recurring-fees basis for a renewal period equal in time to the original subscription period unless terminated by either party in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the then-current term. You will be automatically charged the applicable Fees for such Services using the payment method you have on file with us.
- CANCELLING PAID SERVICES. You shall be solely responsible for the discontinuation of any Services purchased by you. Certain services purchased on or through the Services may be non-refundable. These include Third Party Services such as domains, business tools and applications.
- CHARGE BACKS. If, at any time, you contact your bank or credit card company and decline, chargeback or otherwise reject the charge of any payable Fees (collectively, a "Chargeback"), this will constitute a breach of your payment obligations hereunder, your use of the Services may be automatically terminated, your Member Account may be blocked and any data contained in such Member Account may be subject to cancellation and Capacity Loss (as defined in below). If you have any questions or concerns regarding a payment made to us, we encourage you to first contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org before filing a Chargeback.
- CANCELLATION AND FAILURE TO COMPLY. You may cancel your Member Account and/or any Services at any time, in accordance with the instructions available on the applicable Site(s) provided, however, that (i), no refund will be made for a prepaid annual arrangement and (ii) a one-month fee will be assessed for a prepaid monthly arrangement. Failure to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement and/or to pay any Fee when due may result in cancellation or suspension of your Member Account and Member Website (or certain features thereof), as well as the provision of any related Services or Third Party Services to you.
If your Member Account or any Services or Third Party Services related to your Member Account are cancelled, such cancellation may cause or result in the loss of certain content, features, or capacity of your Member Account, including any Member Content, visitor or user data or other usage data retained therein, and including any domain name reservation or registration that was included in such Services (collectively, "Capacity Loss"). We shall have no liability or responsibility for any Capacity Loss.
The Services may enable you to engage and procure certain third party services and tools for enhancing your Member Website and your overall user experience, including domain registrars from which you may purchase a domain name for your Member Website, third party applications and widgets offered via the Site(s), third party Licensed Content, media distribution services, third party designers who may assist you with your Member Website, etc. (collectively, "Third Party Services"). We shall have no liability or responsibility for any Third-Party Services. We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to suspend, disable access to or remove from your Member Account, Member Website(s) and/or the Services, any Third-Party Services without any liability to you or to any of your visitors or users.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, we act in accordance with our interpretation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you believe that your work has been copied or was otherwise used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Customer Service of such infringement by phone 888-342-9698 or email: email@example.com. If we receive notice regarding a copyright infringement related to your Member Account or Member Website, we may cancel your Member Account, take your Member Website down or remove any Content in our sole discretion, with or without prior notice to you. In such case, you may file an appropriate counter-notice in accordance with Section 512 of the DMCA,
We provide the Sites and the Services on an "as is," "where is," "with all faults" and "as available" basis, without any warranties of any kind, including any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We specifically do not represent or warrant that the Sites or Services (or any part, feature or Content thereof) are complete, accurate, of any certain quality, reliable or secure in any way, suitable for or compatible with any of your (or your visitors or users) contemplated activities, devices, operating systems, browsers, software or tools (or that they will remain as such at any time), or comply with any laws applicable to you or your visitors or users or that their operation will be free of any viruses, bugs or other harmful components or program limitations. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, under no circumstances may we be considered as a "publisher" of any Member Content, and we do not in any way endorse any Member Content or assume any liability for any Member Content uploaded, posted, published and/or made available by any Member or any other party on and/or through the Services. You acknowledge that (1) there are risks in using the Services and/or connecting and/or dealing with any Third-Party Services in connection with Services, (2) we cannot and do not guarantee any specific outcomes from such use and/or interactions, and (3) you hereby assume all such risks, liabilities and/or harm of any kind arising in connection with and/or resulting from such interactions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and/or agents shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever, including any damages resulting from (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of or in any content; (2) any personal injury or property damage related to your use of the Services; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any personal information and/or any other information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Services; (5) the use or display of any Content or Member Content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services; and/or (6) events beyond our reasonable control, including any internet failures, equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, governmental actions, orders of courts, agencies or tribunals or non-performance of third parties. You acknowledge and agree that these limitations of liability are agreed allocations of risk constituting in part the consideration for our services to you, and such limitations will apply even if we have been advised of the possibility of such liabilities.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debt and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising from: (1) your violation of any term of this Agreement or any other terms applicable to your use of or access to the Site(s) or the Services; (2) your violation of any third party right, including any copyright, property, or privacy right, resulting from your Member Website or Member Content and/or your use of the Services; and/or (3) any other claim that your Member Website and/or Member Content caused damage to a third party.
Changes and Updates: We may change, suspend or terminate any of the Services (or any features thereof, or prices therefor), at any time and in any manner. Such changes may become effective upon notice to you (and in any event, not in a retroactive manner - except as required otherwise by law). If any such changes involve the payment of additional Fees, we will provide you with a notice of such Fees prior to enabling such specific changes. If you fail or refuse to pay such Fees, we may cancel your Member Account, continue to support your then-current Services without enabling such changes, or provide you with alternative Services.
Governing Law: This Agreement, the rights and remedies provided hereunder shall be governed by, construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without respect to any conflict of law principles.
Jurisdiction: Any and all claims and disputes under this Agreement shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by, a court of competent jurisdiction located in Maricopa County, Arizona. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
Notices: We may provide you with notices in any of the following methods: (1) via the Services, including by a banner or pop-up within the applicable Site(s), Member Account or elsewhere; (2) by e-mail, sent to the e-mail address you provided us; and/or (3) through any other means, including any phone number or physical address you provided us. Such notice to you will be deemed received and effective upon receipt or twenty-four (24) hours after it was published or sent through any of the foregoing methods, unless otherwise indicated in the notice.
Headings: Any heading, caption or section title here is provided only for convenience, and shall not be used to interpret any section or provision hereof.
Choice of Language: The terms of this Agreement were written in English. If a translated (non-English) version of this Agreement conflicts in any way with their English version, the provisions of the English version shall prevail.
Relationship: This Agreement, your access to the Site(s), and your use of the Services, do not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between us and you.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement and any other legal or fee notices provided to you by us, shall constitute the entire agreement between us concerning the subject matter hereof and all prior understandings shall be deemed merged herein.
Assignment: You may not assign or transfer any of your rights and obligations hereunder.
Severability; No Waiver: If any provision of the Agreement is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement. No Waiver of any breach or default of any of the terms of the Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
To get in touch with our Customer Service - please use any of the options listed below:
Telephone Number: 888-342-9698
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgAddress: 2828 North Central Avenue, 7th Floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1024
Last Updated: 10/28/2022
Chime Technologies, Inc., along with our affiliates and subsidiary sites and services (collectively, “Chime”, “company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Chime is a leading technology provider for real estate professionals and provides a robust CRM platform and real estate website solution for individuals or organizations of any size.
Important Notice to European Union Individuals: The General Data Protection
By using this site and services, you agree to take basic steps to ensure your privacy online. Youagree to log out of this site when you are finished, protecting your information from other users.You also agree not to share your password or login ID with anyone else. In addition, you agreeto take reasonable precautions against malware and viruses by installing an antivirus softwareto protect your online activities.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable naturalperson; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, inparticular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data,an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic,mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Information may include the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, creditcard/payment information, username and password, and contact data (i.e., email address,telephone number, and employer name).
If you use Site features operated by third-party social networking services (such as Facebook),we may receive information you have made available to those services, including thegeographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name,email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personalwebsite URL, biographical information, date of birth, photo, list of devices, education history,work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favorite athlete and teams,relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain securitysettings information) and your contacts on those services. Some of these social networkingservices allow you to push content from our Sites to your contacts or to pull information aboutyour contacts so you can connect with them on our Sites. Some of these services also willfacilitate your registration for our Sites or enhance or personalize your experience on our Sites.You should make sure you understand the information your third-party social networkingservices may make available to our Sites.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you(“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that couldpersonally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified (for instance, byaggregating, anonymizing or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide anyPersonal Information.
- Visitors to, or users of, its websites or mobile applications
- Prospective and current customers using Chime’s services
- Service providers and business partners
- Prospective and current employees
- Other third-parties that Chime interacts with
We collect this information to continually improve and enhance the functionality of Chime. Wegather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browsertype, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp,and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collectabout you.
We take your privacy seriously and employ information protection controls in keeping withindustry standards and practices or applicable governmental requirements to safeguard yourinformation and protect your anonymity. Personal Information about you may be collected fromyou through various sources, including information (i) that is entered manually and voluntarily byyou on the Site’s application and other forms or postings on the Site; (ii) that you provideregarding your preferences (for example, based on your activity on our website); (iii) from othersources with your consent (for example, from other institutions such as auditors oradministrators); (iv) from sources in the public domain; and (v) from other interactions you mayhave with us (for example, discussions or emails with our staff, including through the use of theSite’s contact features).
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may gather anonymous technical and navigationalinformation, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, cookie information,pages visited, and average time spent on our Website. This information does not personallyidentify you and may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, tocustomize any advertising or content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services,contact you, conduct research, or analyze and improve our Site design and functionality.
Such information collected by us is stored and processed in the United States. By using thewebsite and our Services, you consent to the foregoing collection and use of information andany such transfer of information outside of your country. We make no representation or warrantywith respect to any duty to permanently store any Personal Information you may provide.
In order to provide the best experience when you visit our website, we may ask you for PersonalInformation. Personal Information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address, both ofwhich you may be asked to provide when registering with Chime. A description of some of theways that you may provide Personal Information to us, as well as further details on how we mayuse such Personal Information, is given below.
If you email us using a "Contact Us" link or form on our Website, we may ask you for informationsuch as your name and e-mail address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mailmessages, your e-mail address, and our response to you.
We may occasionally ask website visitors to complete online surveys and opinion polls abouttheir activities, attitudes, and interests. These surveys help us improve our products andservices. When asking for participation in these surveys, we may ask you to provide us withyour name and email address.
Our Website may offer visitors contact forms to request additional details and to downloadcollateral. If you fill out one of our web forms, we may ask you for information such as yourname and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose tocorrespond with us via web forms, we may retain the form data which can include name, emailaddress and other contact related details.
Our Website links to community platforms that provide individuals the opportunity to askquestions and answer questions within the Chime user community. This community user datamay contain self-reported demographics. If you choose to correspond with us and thecommunity using these platforms, we may retain the data which could include name, emailaddress, and other contact related details.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Chime and ourmarketing partners, analytics providers, and customer support systems. These technologies areused in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site andgathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reportsbased on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well asaggregated basis.
We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about yourlocation (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you.
Chime uses session cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you closeyour browser. Our cookies do not, by themselves, contain Personal Information. We usecookies to enable our servers to recognize your web browser and tell us how and when you visitthe Site and otherwise use the Services through the Internet. Collecting this information helpsus design the site and the services to best suit your needs. This information may be compiledand analyzed on both an individual and an aggregate basis.
Most web browsers can be set to tell you when a cookie has been sent to you and give you theopportunity to refuse that cookie. Refusing a cookie may in some cases prevent you from usingor negatively impact the display or function of our Website or certain areas or features of ourWebsite. There are numerous resources on the Internet that can provide more informationabout how cookies work and how you can manage them.
If advertisements appear on our website or services, the advertisers may employ cookies andother tracking technologies in connection with those advertisements. Your accessing any ofthose advertisements from our webpage may cause your exposure to those trackingtechnologies. Third party websites that you visit may use the cookies placed by third partyvendors for similar purposes. We have no responsibility for any such cookies and other trackingtechnologies.
Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, ("Web Beacons"), are electronicimages that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and generalusage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types ofinformation, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of thepage where the Web Beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you isshared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on the Site. However, through WebBeacons, we may collect general information that will not personally identify you, such as:Internet browser, operating system, IP address, date of visit, time of visit, length of visit, andpath taken through the Site.
- Internal use of Web Beacons: Chime may use Web Beacons internally to count visitorsand recognize visitors through cookies. Access to cookies helps personalize yourexperience when you visit the Site.
- Email: Chime may include Web Beacons in HTML-formatted email messages thatChime sends to you. Web Beacons in email messages helps determine your interest inand the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web Beacons: Chime may also use Web Beacons externally. Forexample, Chime may report aggregate information about visitors, such as demographic and usage information, to its affiliates and other third parties. Chime may also includeother Web Beacons within the Site.
You may “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, youmay have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive email correspondencefrom us. Your Personal Information will not be shared with third-party service providers unlessyou give consent. You will have the opportunity to opt out of Chime marketing emails by clickingthe "opt out" or “unsubscribe” link in the email you receive. You can also request this by fillingout a web form via our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR)Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com.
Please take note that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we maystill contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, andcommunications with us.
Chime uses your Personal Information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfillyour requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use yourPersonal Information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing,and legal functions. To do this, we combine personal and non-Personal Information, collectedonline and offline, including information from third-party sources.
- Fulfill Requests: To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate withyou about those requests. This includes sending information to others if you ask us to doso.
- Understand Customer Behavior: To better understand customer behavior so that wemay improve our marketing and advertising efforts and to improve the distribution of ourproducts and services.
- Personalize Offerings: To help us personalize our service offerings, websites, mobileservices, and advertising.
- Protection: To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and ourbusiness.
- Legal: To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Responding to Customer: To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback youprovide us.
- Employment Applications: In connection with a job application or inquiry, you mayprovide us with data about yourself, including your educational background, resume,professional licenses, legal work eligibility status, and other information including yourethnicity where required or permitted by law. We may use this information throughoutChime, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its joint ventures, for the purpose ofemployment consideration.
By providing us with your phone number, you consent to our using your phone number todeliver or cause to be delivered to you at that phone number telemarketing calls (which may usean automatic telephone dialing system) and artificial or prerecorded voice or text messagesfrom us. If you do not wish to receive such calls or messages, you may opt out. You release usfrom any possible liability or claim stemming from how we use your phone number, included butnot limited to claims arising from the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). Youunderstand that you are not required to provide this consent and authorization and that it is nota condition to qualify to receive our services.
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of PersonalInformation
We may use third-party partners to help us operate and maintain our Website and deliver ourproducts and services. We may also share your information with our service providers and otherthird parties (“Affiliated Parties”) that provide products or services for or through this Website orfor our business (such as website or infrastructure hosting companies, communicationsproviders, email providers, analytics companies, credit card processing companies, and othersimilar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
We may share data with Chime partners to contact you based on your request to receive suchcommunications, help us perform statistical analysis, provide sales support, or provide customersupport. We also partner with trusted third parties to provide you with co-marketing content thatwe think may be relevant to you.
Third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information,except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Chime may be required to disclose collected information in order to (i) respond to investigations,court orders or legal process, (ii) to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities,suspected fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, (iii) violations of theCompany’s terms of service, or (iv) as otherwise required by law.
You may request access to your personal data to update, correct or delete, or to limit the use ordisclosure of, your personal data.
Individuals wishing to view, update, delete, or supplement their personal data may do so bycontacting the business that provided Chime their personal data directly to make their requests,or alternatively they can submit your request through our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)Portal. If the Chime DSAR Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.Individuals outside the European Union (“EU”) may also use our Data Subject Access Request(DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of yourpersonal information.
Chime does not sell or otherwise disclose the Personal Information it holds to third parties,except for the following exceptional circumstances:
- Third Parties: Chime will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but maydisclose Personal Information with third-party vendors and service providers that workwith Chime. We will only share Personal Information to these vendors and serviceproviders to help us provide a product or service to you at your request and inaccordance with our respective agreement. We will ensure appropriate contractualclauses are in place to ensure compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- Business Purposes: In a prospective business transaction, Chime may disclosePersonal Information where Chime has entered into an agreement that restricts the useand disclosure of that data solely for purposes related to the transaction, protects thedata by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, and if thetransaction does not proceed, the data is returned to Chime or destroyed within areasonable time. With respect to employee data, Chime may disclose PersonalInformation if it is necessary to establish, manage or terminate an employmentrelationship, as allowed by law.
- Legal and Safety Reasons: Chime may be required to disclose Personal Information tolaw enforcement agencies, government agencies, or legal entities. We may discloseinformation by law, litigation, or as a matter of national security to comply with a validlegal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwiseauthorized by law. We may also need to disclose Personal Information in the event of anemergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or security. If the data requested isheld on behalf of a customer, Chime will inform the customer unless it is prohibited to do so by law. Chime may be required to disclose information without your consent orknowledge if: (i) it is reasonable to expect that disclosure with the customer’s knowledgeor consent would compromise an investigation of a breach of an agreement or acontravention of the law; (ii) it is reasonable for the purposes of preventing, detecting orsuppressing fraud and it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure with the customer’sknowledge or consent would compromise the ability to prevent, detect or suppress thefraud; (iii) it is necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased to agovernment institution or the individual’s next of kin or authorized representative and, if the individual is alive, with notification to the individual.
- Change of Ownership: If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whetherby merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or otherwise, that company would receive allinformation gathered by Chime on the websites and services. In this event, you will benotified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
We take reasonable and appropriate precautions, including administrative, technical, personnel,and physical measures, to safeguard Personal Data against loss, misuse, theft, andunauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also use Secure Sockets Layer(SSL) encryption when transmitting sensitive information. In addition, our business practices arereviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security andconfidentiality of our information.
Please keep in mind that due to the inherent nature of the Internet, there is no way to make thetransmission of electronic data entirely safe from intrusion. As a result, while we will make allreasonable efforts to protect the privacy of your information during transmission, we make noguarantees, representations, or warranties with respect to the privacy of such transmittedinformation.
All Personal Information is retained only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for whichit was collected or transferred. Chime retains your information for business purposes, for as longas your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with ourproducts and services. Chime will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may alsoretain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time. At anypoint in time, you can withdraw consent and we will immediately stop processing your data.
Chime may share customer information within our affiliated companies for a variety of purposes,for example, to provide you with the latest information about our products and services and offeryou our latest promotions. “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, iscontrolled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of thisdefinition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interestsof the subject entity. To facilitate our global operations, Chime may transfer PersonalInformation from your home country to other Chime locations across the world. To protect yourPersonal Information, we will only transfer data to countries who provide an “adequate” level ofPersonal Information protection. If the data is transferred to counties without “adequate”protection as determined by the European Parliament, we will use additional safeguards toensure your data is protected.
In regard to the aforementioned rights to voice questions, make requests regarding your dataprivacy or withdraw consent, we will respond to your request within 30 days. In some cases,however, we may limit or deny your request if: the law permits or requires us to do so, if itinfringes on the privacy of other individuals or internal procedures, if we find the request to beunfounded or excessive, or if we are unable to verify your identity.
If the volume or complexity of the request requires internal processing at Chime beyond 30 days,Chime will inform the requester within 30 days of the reasons for an extension and may chargea reasonable fee to cover administrative costs.
Security of all information is of the utmost importance for Chime. Chime uses technical andphysical safeguards to protect the security of your Personal Information from unauthorizeddisclosure. We use encryption technology to keep all information secure. We also make allattempts to ensure that only necessary people and third parties have access to PersonalInformation. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse, or alterationof Personal Information and, unless otherwise agreed in a written agreement between Chimeand the applicable party, we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to anysuch incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the case of a data breach, we will notifyyou without undue delay of any loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that mayaffect you. We will notify relevant regulatory bodies within 72 hours of indentifying a breach.
To facilitate our business practices, your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, andstored by us in the United States. As a result, your Personal Data may be processed outside theEuropean Economic Area (“EEA”), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacydecision by the European Commission, and which may not provide for the same level of dataprotection in the EEA. In this event, we will ensure an adequate level of protection, for exampleby entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by theEuropean Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to suchinternational data transfers.
Chime commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of yourpersonal information under GDPR. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaintsshould use our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Portal to submit complaints about yourprivacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Alternative Means of Contact
If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can be sent to email@example.com to our mailing address:
Chime Technologies, Inc.
2828 N. Central Ave, 7th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85004
If you have any unresolved privacy concerns that we have not addressed to your satisfactionafter contacting us, you have the right to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities by clickingon the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
We acknowledge the right of UK, EU, and Swiss individuals to access their personal data. Youmay request to access and limit use and disclosure of this data by using our Data SubjectAccess Request (DSAR) Portal. If the Chime (DSAR) Portal is unavailable, requests can besent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) took effect andestablished requirements and rights relating to personal information of California consumers.This section for California residents applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in theState of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the CaliforniaConsumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms definedin the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of beingassociated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumeror device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories ofpersonal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personalidentifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, emailaddress, account name, Social Security number, driver'slicense number, passport number, or other similaridentifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal informationcategories listed in theCalifornia CustomerRecords statute (Cal. Civ.Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physicalcharacteristics or description, address, telephone number,passport number, driver's license or state identificationcard number, insurance policy number, education,employment, employment history, bank account number,credit card number, debit card number, or any otherfinancial information, medical information, or healthinsurance information. Some personal informationincluded in this category may overlap with othercategories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classificationcharacteristics underCalifornia or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, nationalorigin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),sexual orientation, veteran or military status, geneticinformation (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercialinformation.||Records of personal property, products or servicespurchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasingor consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biologicalcharacteristics, or activity patterns used to extract atemplate or other identifier or identifying information, suchas, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retinascans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, andsleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similarnetwork activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on aconsumer's interaction with a website, application, oradvertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similarinformation.||Yes|
|I. Professional oremployment-relatedinformation.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public educationinformation (per theFamily EducationalRights and Privacy Act(20 U.S.C. Section1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintainedby an educational institution or party acting on its behalf,such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules,student identification codes, student financial information,or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn fromother personalinformation.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics,psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes,intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
The Fair Information Practices, also known as the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs),form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include haveplayed a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe.Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented iscritical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action,should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within seven (7) business days
- We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have aright to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who failto adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceablerights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or agovernment agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirementsfor commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent tothem, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, productsand services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. If we learn that wehave mistakenly collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete thatinformation as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have information from or about achild under age 18, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chime's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhereto Google’s API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
- The App will only use access to read, write Gmail message bodies (includingattachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allowsusers to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail datato others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, complywith applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- The App will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmativeagreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such asinvestigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App's internal operationsand even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Any information acquired through integration with Google services (Gmail, Drive, etc.) is doneso explicitly for the purpose of facilitating the usage of user-facing features. Data is not used foradvertisements of any kind, and never transferred or accessed aside from cases of enablingfunctionality, customer support, or for necessary security purposes outlined and coinciding withGoogle's Limited Usage Requirements.
Chime Technologies, Inc.
2828 N. Central Ave, 7th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85004